The SUNOVA MCG 3.1 System
Rugged, durable fixing system for lightweight flat roofs that do not penetrate the roof’s skin
SUNOVA’s MCG 3.1 system excels with its optimized space utilization and resulting performance. The crystalline PV modules are laid on flat roofs at an inclination of 12°. Being fully preassembled, they are quick to install. SUNOVA’s patented profile retainers afford the system absolute stability.
Overview of benefits
- Optimum space utilization for high yield
- Suitable for extreme wind loads
- Low weight
- Largely preassembled – fast installation
- Proven system technology
MCG 3.1 H and MCG 3.1 L:
Depending on expected snow and wind loads two fixing type variants are available: type L and in type H. In regions with a lot of snow or strong winds (> 2400 Pa) the MCG 3.1 H system is used. Here the PV modules are held by internal mounts, which afford a particularly good load-bearing capacity. On the MCG 3.1 L (approved for up to 2400 Pa) the mounts are connected to the module edges. MCG 3.1 L excels with its materials-efficient and quick installation procedure.
Areas of application:
- Newly-built or newly re-roofed flat roofs
- Existing FPO or PVC waterproofing membranes on flat roofs with mechanical fixation
- Flat roofs with 1 to 10 degrees inclination
- Lightweight roof – weight loading about 9 kg/m²
- Crystalline framed modules
Not suitable for:
- Shed roofs, sloping roofs - roof slope > 10°
- Existing roofs with bitumen, EPDM, Evalon or other waterproofing membranes
- Glass-glass PV modules
Wind uplift according to DIN 1055-4 (2005-03)
In the MCG 3.1 system the wind uplift forces are transmitted to the synthetic waterproofing membrane,which channels these forces through the mechanical fixation into the roof structure. The mechanical fixation and the waterproofing membrane must be laid out according to DIN 1055.
Snow load according to DIN 1055-5 (2005-07)
Snow loads must be reliably absorbed by the weight-bearing substructure. To ensure transmission of the load, the thermal insulation must be sufficiently stable under load.
Synthetic waterproofing membrane
The synthetic membrane is an integral component of the system. The selected product must be of sufficient quality and durability.
Structural verficiation according to DIN 1055, taking into consideration:
- + 9 kg/m² mounting system MCG 3.1
- Design according to building construction; no change through the MCG 3.1 system
Thermal insulation, compressive load at 5 mm compression
- Fp ≥ 650 N (DIN EN 12430)
- New: Sarnafil TS 77-20 (recommended)
- Existing: FPO or PVC, other waterproofing methods are not suitable! Expected lifespan > 20 yrs.
Fixation method Synthetic waterproofing membranes
- New: Sika line fixation (recommended)
- Existing: Point, seam or line fixation
- In both cases: Design and execution according to DIN 1055 - only mechanical fixation permissible. Do not use fully adhered systems.
Inclination range flat roof
- Less than 10°
- or 17%
- Crystalline modules with frame
- Only SUNOVA-approved products