The SUNOVA MCG 3.0 System
Aerodynamically optimized fixing system for lightweight flat roofs
With its third MCG generation, SUNOVA has a fixing system for crystalline PV modules with a 20° inclination on flat roofs. Being preassembled to a large extent, they are quick to install.
Overview of benefits
- Inclination of 20° maximizes yield
- Suitable for extreme wind loads
- Low weight
- Largely preassembled – fast installation
- Proven system technology
- Newly-built or newly re-roofed flat roofs
- Existing FPO or PVC waterproofing membranes on flat roofs with mechanical fixation
- Flat roofs with 1 to 5 degrees inclination
- Lightweight roof – weight loading about 16 kg/m²
- Crystalline framed modules
Not suitable for:
- Shed roofs, sloping roofs - roof slope > 5°
- Roof areas with water retention up to the connection boxes or connectors
- Existing roofs with bitumen, EPDM, Evalon or other waterproofing membranes
- Fully adhered roof systems
- Glass-glass PV modules
Wind uplift according to DIN 1055 and relevant national standards
In the MCG 3.0 system the wind uplift forces are transmitted to the synthetic waterproofing membrane,which channels these forces through the mechanical fixation into the roof structure. The mechanical fixation and the waterproofing membrane must be laid out according to DIN 1055.
Snow load according to DIN 1055 and relevant national standards
Snow loads must be reliably absorbed by the weight-bearing substructure. To ensure transmission of the load, the thermal insulation must be sufficiently stable under load.
Synthetic waterproofing membrane
The synthetic membrane is an integral component of the system. The selected product must be of sufficient quality and durability.
Structural verficiation according to DIN 1055, taking into consideration:
- + 16 kg/m2 mounting system MCG 3.0
- Design according to building construction; no change through the MCG 3.0 system
Thermal insulation, compressive load at 5 mm compression
- Fp ≥ 650 N (DIN EN 12430)
- New: Sarnafil TS 77-20 (recommended)
- Existing: FPO or PVC, other waterproofing methods are not suitable! Expected lifespan > 20 yrs.
Fixation method Synthetic waterproofing membranes
- New: Sika line fixation (recommended)
- Existing: Point, seam or line fixation
- In both cases: Design and execution according to DIN 1055 - only mechanical fixation permissible. Do not use fully adhered systems.
Inclination range flat roof
- 1° (recommended) ...5°
- Crystalline modules with frame
- Only SUNOVA-approved products